Faq view

What sort of driving license do I need to drive in Australia?

You can drive in Australia if you have a current, full and valid overseas license that has been valid for a minimum of 12 consecutive months written in English, or accompanied by an accurate translation or International Drivers Permit. If the license is not written in the roman alphabet, an International Driver's Permit must be provided in addition to their drivers license.

Check our other frequent questions

Browse by category below

Or get in touch with the team if you have a specific question.

Or, read our blogs

We love Australia and have spent years exploring and documenting our finds in our blogs, take a look and get recommendations on weather, where to go, clothes to wear and all that's in between.